OPAL is working hard in response to the coronavirus crisis. We want to keep in touch with our members and do what we can to keep everyone upbeat in these challenging times. We are encouraging members to keep in touch with each other and our amazing volunteers have stepped up to the challenge.
We are now offering :
- A telephone befriending service operated by our trusted volunteers who keep in regular touch with members.
- Advice over the phone for anyone over 60 and living in rural west Cheshire who is in isolation and having difficulties making the most of their phone, laptop or tablet to stay connected.
- Activity packs to stimulate and challenge our members to try something new.
- We are producing a news sheet called ‘OPAL Reach’, with information, tips, puzzles and jokes, which we are sending out to the OPAL community and beyond to keep people in touch.
- Weather permitting, we make garden visits to see and talk to our members at home.
Please get in touch if you are interested to be included. email@example.com